Sunday 3 November 2013

Pale Chanting Goshawk

The Pale Chanting Goshawk is a common bird in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. It is not always easy to get nice in flight pictures of it. But by this instance I managed to get three interesting in flight pictures of it which I share gladly.



These pictures were taken from the Hide at the Nossop campsite. 




Whilst on a trip outside the camp, we encountered three cheetas which looked as if they were on their way to the water hole at Nossop campsite - so we hurried to camp! The cheetas never arrived! But then I was fortunate to capture these pictures whilst waiting in vain for the cheetas!




The bird was sitting at the water hole - taking its time to drink water and checking out its environment. I had to wait approximately 30 minutes for it to fly up onto  tree trunk, away from me. Then, after about another 5 minutes it flew up and gave me the opprtunity to take these three pictures.

Patience rewarded!

You are welcome to have a look at my other photographic blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment